Thursday, May 3, 2007

Lil Buckaroo Duke and His AMAZING PROGRESS

Duke is now learning how to be a big boy and sit at the table. This was his first time not being in a high chair or booster seat.
Duke is really enjoying this big boy stuff. He is also enjoying the KIX that he is eating.

Still being a big boy and doing a very good job. So proud of you Duke.

Just one of those random pictures. Had the camera out and thought I would try to get a picture of him looking at the camera.

This is Duke's new therapy ball. He tried to play on it by himself and as you can see it didn't work so well. I think the saying, "I've fallen and I can't get up" is perfect for this picture.



So much is happening with Duke. Since we have started his new 12 week music therapy he is making great progress. We are only 11 days into the 12 weeks and I am so excited about everything. He is starting to respond to verbal commands. For instance, he tried taking Kasiddee's cup, and when I gave it back to her and told him to find his cup he went and found his cup. This may not seem like much, but for Duke this is so amazing. He typically would have thrown a fit and I would have had to find his cup for him. He is also starting to respond to verbal commands given by Grandma Jo Jo. The next big thing is that he is starting to make eye contact in a significant way. Normally he would look through a person and not at them. Now I can get him to look at me for a lengthy amount of time. Along with the eye contact he is also tracking things. When my mom holds her hand above him before tickling him he will watch her hand through the whole process of getting to him. The next big thing is that I got Duke to drink out of a straw for the first time. I had to get some new sippy cups and decided to try one that had a straw and not a sippy spout. He was ticked off at first, but after all of my stubborness he finally figured it out. I am so proud of him. These are great strides for Duke and I know that there are more to come. God has definately blessed our lives with Duke.