Sunday, April 22, 2007

What the Cowgirl is up to




Some may be wondering how a mother of toddlers can have time to get out and do something without the children. It is actually a very important thing in the life of a mother. We mothers often get looked past because people think "well that is their job." This is true and false. Our job is to be the primary caregiver, but this is not intended to be an escape for the dads. A Daddy plays a very important part in a child's life.

I love my children, but I also love being a cowgirl. I was raised on a horse and it is a passion in my life. I love being able to help my dad gather cows and I love to Barrel Race. This is only possible because I am not afraid to step up and make it happen. I find people to help with the Lil Buckaroos and then I go play Cowgirl.

This weekend I had a Barrel Race on Saturday and Sunday. It was a challenge, but I made it happen. Between friends and family we all pulled together and it turned out to be a good weekend. A little crazy, but then again who's life isn't crazy?

This Cowgirl is now looking ahead to the Arlington Jackpot Rodeo. I will pack a Sponsor Flag in the school parade on May 4 and in the rodeo parade on May 5 (yes while riding my horse). I will also participate in the Rodeo Grand Entry and I will Barrel Race on May 5 and 6. After the rodeo I look ahead to the last barrel race in the series I have been competing in. That will be on June 10. I am in the running to win a belt buckle. Pretty exciting. Hope I do.

So you see it is possible to have a life and have toddlers. Challenging at times, but in the end rewarding. The Lil Buckaroos are tired by the end of all of it, but then again so is this Cowgirl. We all sleep very good when it is all said and done. Hurray for sleeping through the night.